I’m a vegetarian, but I understand that my family and friends like meat. So today I had a look at one of my favorite recipe page, looking for a meat dish. And I found this Italian recipe . ¡ enjoy it !!
- 1 thick slice of Italian-style bread, crusts removed
- 650g (1lb 5oz) veal mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of grated parmesan
- 2tbsp chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Plain flour
- 2-3tbsp olive oil
- 400g tub napoli or tomato sauce
- Extra chopped flatleaf parsley to garnish
- Break the bread into pieces and soak in a little milk. Squeeze dry, crumble and place in a large bowl. Add the mince, garlic, parmesan, parsley, lemon zest and beaten egg, and mix well. Season with plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper. To check the seasoning, fry a small amount of the mixture until cooked through and taste it. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Shape into balls 5cm (2in) in diameter. Roll them in flour and shake off any excess. At this stage you can refrigerate for up to 4 hours, if desired.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning, until brown on all sides (you may have to do this in batches). Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Add the tomato sauce and whole garlic cloves to the frying pan. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Return the meatballs to the pan and cook, turning them occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove the whole garlic cloves before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
My mother Tips : My mother would add a little hot pepper. Enjoy it
Read more in : http://www.easyliving.co.uk/recipes