As you can see I’ve added a new section. About food and recipes. I will explain why. The other day when made the post, about Barcelona I realized that, apart from traveling other thing I liked more was cooking. Some time ago I discovered that when I was stressed I relaxed cutting vegetables .
I love preparing healthy food for friends. I don’t know if the fact of being vegetarian, has influenced me to discover the diversity of recipes that I know now. But now I can made more than twenty recipes with vegetables.
Thank you very much for visiting my new section.
We keep in touch.
Tomato & Red Pepper soup
Perfect for winter time
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large red peppers, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 600g (21oz) ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1l chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp chopped fresh basil, to garnish
- Extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
How to made:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the fresh tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, the stock and 1 (250ml) cup of water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool a little. Purée the soup in batches in a food processor or with a hand-held blender. Strain through a coarse sieve and add a little extra stock, if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve hot, and garnished with the basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.